With technology moving so fast, GIGABYTE still keep up with the latest trends and provide our customers with advanced features and latest technology. GIGABYTE Z690 Series motherboards come with upgraded power solution, latest storage standards and outstanding connectivity to enable optimize performance for gaming.
Direct Digital VRM Design
To ensure maximum Turbo Boost and overclocking performance of Intel‘s new generation CPU, GIGABYTE Z690 series equip the best VRM design ever built with the highest quality components.
- 16 VCore Phases – 70A Power stage – To unleash full potential of multi-cores CPU performance
- 1 VCCGT Phase – 60A Power stage – For CPU integrated GPU performance
- 2 VCCAUX Phases – 70A DrMOS – Provide stable power for CPU integrated PCIe & Memory controller
The more advanced manufacturing process and the higher core count on the new generation of CPUs, requires motherboards to utilize a more sophisticated VRM design to make CPUs run at their full potential. GIGABYTE uses fully DIRECT VRM DESIGN, high quality MOSFETs and tantalum polymer capacitors to achieve higher efficiency, lower voltage ripple and lower temperature than traditional parallel VRM design.
Tantalum Polymer Capacitor
- Lower impedance than regular capacitor to reduce voltage ripple
- Stable capacitance under high temperature
- Mounted right under the CPU area to stabilize CPU voltage during heavy loading
PCIe 5.0 Design
GIGABYTE Z690 Motherboards are ready to work with the upcoming PCIe 5.0 devices which are expected to experience double bandwidth than the current PCIe 4.0 devices. To reach the high speed and maintain good signal integrity, GIGABYTE R&D uses the low impedance PCB to provide the maximum performance.
- 1x Reinforced PCIe 5.0 x16 slot
- 6-Layer PCIe 5.0 Ready PCB
Ultra Durable™ SMD PCIe 5.0 Armor
GIGABYTE’ exclusive stainless steel shielding design.
- Double Locking Bracket
- SMD High-Frequency
- SMD Iron Claw
- Tensile Strength
Support for DDR4 XMP Up To 5333MHz and Beyond*
AORUS is offering a tested and proven platform that ensures proper compatibility with profiles up to 5333MHz and beyond. All users need to do to attain this performance boost is to ensure that their memory module is XMP capable and that the XMP function is activated and enabled on their AORUS motherboard.
* XMP Profile support may vary depending on memory module.
Shielded Memory Routing
All memory routing is under the PCB inner layer shielded by a large ground layer to protect from external interference.
Single 32GB Support
The maximum memory capacity on the Z690 motherboard is 128GB. After Intel updated the memory reference code, a single slot can support up to 32GB. Therefore with populated 2 DIMM per channel on both channel, total memory capacity is 128GB, which was only available on High End Desktop (HEDT) platforms. For users who always run out of memory capacity, there is more bandwidth now for memory-intensive application such as rendering and video editing.
- Faster Speed
- 32GB Capacity
- RAM Intensive
- Quick Response
- Lower Usage
Triple 7G/s Gen4 M.2 PCIe SSDs in RAID 0
The exclusive 3 PCIe 4.0 M.2 from CPU and 2nd Generation 7000 MB/s SSD provides unparalleled Read/ Write performance up to 21053 and 15499 MB/s.
Hybrid Cores Optimization
With new Intel Hybrid technology, GIGABYTE exclusively creates two new ” CPU Upgrade ” in BIOS profiles to meet different users’ scenarios by adjusting P-Core and E-Core activation and voltage policy.
- Deactivate all E-Core
- Zero compromise on gaming performance
- Up to 20% lower CPU package power
- Up to 5°C lower CPU temperature
- Activate all P-Core and E-Core
- Maximize full multi-cores performance
Advanced Thermal Solution
GIGABYTE Z690 Series Motherboards’ Un-throttled performance is guaranteed by innovative and optimized thermal design to ensure the best CPU, Chipset, SSD stability and low temperatures under full load application and gaming.
Thermal Design – M.2 Thermal Guard II
M.2 Thermal Guard II uses a double-sided heatsink design and prevents throttling and bottlenecks on high speed M.2 SSDs by dissipating heat before it becomes an issue.
- Enlarged Thermal Guard – Enlarged double-sided M.2 heatsink prevents high-speed, large capacity PCIe 4.0/3.0 SSDs with double side flash from throttling due to overheating
- Fully Covered Thermal Design – High coverage MOSFET and integrated moulding Heatsinks to improve thermal efficiency with better airflow and heat exchange
- 5 W/mK Thermal Pad – By using 1.5mm thicker 5 W/mK thermal conductivity pads, it can transfer 2.7x more heat compared to traditional thermal pads in the same time
- 2X Copper PCB – 2X Copper PCBs design effectively lower the component temperature by its high thermal conductivity and low impedance
Fully Covered MOSFET Heatsink
- 2X Large Surface – Increased surface area up to 2X larger compared to traditional heatsinks. It improves heat dissipation from the MOSFETs
- Real One-Piece Build – TMOS is a TRUE single piece heatsink. Its one-piece design and larger surface drastically improve the cooling performance against competitors’ multi-piece design
- Multi-Cut Design – TMOS features several channels and inlets on the heatsink. This design allows for the air flow to go through which leads to a great improvement of the heat transfer performance
Aorus M.2 Thermal Guard II
- The M.2 Thermal Guard II uses a double-sided heatsink design and prevents throttling and bottlenecks on high speed M.2 SSDs by dissipating heat before it becomes an issue.
- Heatsink + Thermal Pad (Up)
- Captive Screw – To Prevent missing M.2 heatsink screw
- M.2 SSD
- Heatsink + Thermal Pad (Bottom)
2X Copper PCB
By adopting 2X copper on PCB inner layer, it lowers the components’ temperature at least 3% by turning the PCB into a super thin PCB size copper heatsink to dissipate the heat from the components effectively, due to it’s high thermal conductivity and lower impedance.
Smart Fan 6
Smart Fan 6 contains several unique cooling features that ensure gaming PC maintain its performance while staying cool and quiet. Multiple fan headers can support PWM/DC fan and pump, and users can easily define each fan curve based on different temperature sensors across the board via intuitive user interface.
Headers & Sensors
- 6 PWM/DC Fan Headers
- 6 Internal Temperature Sensors
- High Current Support – Each fan headers support PWM and DC fan and Water cooling Pump, and up to 24W (12V x 2A) with Over-Current Protection
- Precision Control – Up to 6 temperature/fan speed control points for precise fan curve
- Dual Curve Mode – Slope/Stair dual mode for different user scenario
- Fan Stop – Fan can stop completely below users’ specified temperature point
Smart Fan 6 BIOS UI
- Improve Fan Curve UI – We increase control points from 5 to 7 and larger fan speed graph for precise and easier fan curve control.
- Slope/Stair Dual Graph Mode – Fan curve can be quickly switch with Slope and Stair modes for different user scenario. Slope is traditional and intuitive linear fan speed curve. With newly added Stair non-linear mode, fan keeps at same speed between specified temperature interval.
- Manual Input – For advanced users, we provide fan speed manual input for more precise control.
- EZ Tuning – Use can place 4 EZ Tuning points at rough temperature/fan speed, and Smart Fan 6 can quickly generate a fan curve.
- Fan Curve Profile – Fan curve profile can be saved in BIOS ROM, profile will be kept after updating BIOS.
Achieve fan silence. With Fan Stop, map any fan to stop completely when temperatures drop below a specified threshold. Which fan stops, based on readings from which sensor, and at what temperature—all of it can be customized to your liking.
Next Generation Connectivity
GIGABYTE Z690 Series Motherboards let you experience ultimate connection flexibility and blazing data-transfer speed with next generation network and storage connectivity.
2.5 GbE LAN
First Adopter on 2.5 GbE LAN Onboard – 2X Faster Than Ever
- Adoption of 2.5G LAN provide up to 2.5 GbE network connectivity, with at least 2 times faster transfer speeds compared to general 1GbE networking, perfectly designed for gamers with ultimate online gaming experience.
- Support Multi-Gig(10/100/1000/2500Mbps) RJ-45 Ethernet
Connecting the Future – USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C®
Featuring the USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 design which is doubled the performance than previous generation of USB 3.2 Gen 2. It works up to 20Gbps ultra-fast data transfer while connecting to USB 3.2 compliant peripherals. Through the USB Type-C® connector, users can enjoy the flexibility of reversible connection to access and store massive amounts of data rapidly.
Hi-Res Audio certified, meaning that the product is capable of reproducing frequencies up to 40kHz or above which ensures user with the best audio quality at all times.
Immersive Gaming ViBes – Realtek High-End HD Audio Codec
ALC1220 120dB(A) SNR HD Audio with Smart Headphone Amp automatically detects impedance of your head-worn audio device, preventing issues such as low volume and distortion. With the new VB series audio controller, stream your voice to the world vibrantly with both front/rear microphone SNR up to 110/114dB(A).
GIGABYTE motherboards bundle several useful and intuitive software to help users to control every aspect of motherboard and provide customizable lighting effect with outstanding aesthetics to fit your unique personality.
Multi-Zone Light Show Design
Now offering more LED customizations than ever, users can truly adapt their PC to represent their lifestyle. With full RGB support and a redesigned RGB Fusion 2.0 application, the user has complete control over the LEDs which surround the motherboard.
- Cycle Colour
- Double Flash
- Digital A
- Digital B
- Digital C
With an integrated intuitive user interface, the RGB Fusion 2.0 provides you a better solution for customizing the lighting effects across all supported devices. From motherboards, graphics cards to the peripheral products, you can personalize your gaming rig with your own style and show off your build by sharing the profiles. In addition, the new gaming mode makes the lighting effects interactive with selected games to bring you the most immersive gaming experience.
- New User Interface – All new EASY MODE shows important hardware information in one page including CPU clock, Memory, Storage, Fan.
- My Favourites – Add constantly used items into the favourite menu for quick access.
- Storage Information – Show all kinds of storage information including SATA, PCIE and M.2 interface.
- Changelog – List all changes before saving and exiting bios. Quickly review overall settings modification.
- Intuitive Load Line Curve – Clearly show each load line calibration setting in an intuitive curve graph.
GIGABYTE’s EasyTune™ is a simple and easy-to-use interface that allows users to fine-tune their system settings or adjust system and memory clocks and voltages in a Windows environment. With Smart Quick Boost, one click is all it takes to automatically overclock your system, giving an added performance boost when you need it the most.
System Information Viewer
GIGABYTE System Information Viewer is a central location that gives you access to your current system status. Monitor components such as the clocks and processor, set your preferred fan speed profile, create alerts when temperatures get too high or record your system’s behaviour; these are the possibilities of the System Information Viewer.
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ features its product durability and high-quality manufacturing process. GIGABYTE motherboards use the best components and reinforce every slots to make each of them solid and durable.
Update the BIOS Easily without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
With GIGABYTE Q-Flash Plus, you don’t need to install the CPU, memory and graphics card nor enter the BIOS menu to flash the BIOS. Just download and save a new BIOS file (rename to gigabyte.bin) on the USB flash drive, then press the dedicated Q-Flash Plus button and you’re good to go!
Solid Pin Power Connectors
AORUS motherboards feature solid plated ATX 24pin & ATX 12V 8+4 pin power connectors to offer a stable power supply during CPU overloading.
Solid Pin Power Connector Advantages
- Larger contact area for electricity
- More metal quantity to sustain higher power and generated heat
- Ultra durable and longer lifespan